We’re excited to announce a new feature that makes it easier for you to share your private songs with a select group of people: private share links!
It’s a super-easy way to share your work with a select group of people and get feedback on your music.
What You Can Do With Private Share Links
With private share links, you can create a link that allows anyone you share it with to listen to your song, without making it public or adding them as a collaborator. You can also password-protect the link or set an expiration date, so you control who has access to your song and for how long. This is useful if you want to share your song with a select group of people, or if you want to release your song early to a limited audience, like your Patreon supporters.
Private share links also give you some basic metrics about how your song is being shared. You can see how many times the link has been visited and where it’s been shared from.
To create a private share link, simply go to the song’s page and click on the “Share” button. Then, select the “Create Private Share Link” option. You can then enter a password and/or an expiration date for the link. Once you have created the link, you can copy it and share it with anyone you want.
Why Would I Use Private Share Links?
There are a lot of benefits to using private share links. For one, it allows you to get feedback on your music from a select group of people before you release it to the public. This can be invaluable for getting early insights into how your music is resonating with people. Be specific about what you’re looking for feedback on (overall sound? Lyrics? composition?) and recognize not everyone will love every piece of yours. Be open to that, and use it to improve your music. Finally, make sure to thank the people who offer feedback—they didn’t have to spend the time and energy doing that for you.
Private share links can also be used to collaborate with other musicians. For example, you could use a private share link to send a song to a producer or engineer for feedback. Or, you could use it to share a song with another musician who you want to collaborate with on a project.
We hope you find private share links to be a useful new feature.
- You can share your work with a select group of people without making it public.
- You can track how many times the link has been visited.
- You can password-protect the link to prevent unauthorized access.
- You can set an expiration date for the link so that it will no longer be valid after a certain amount of time.
- Share your work with bandmates, producers, or other collaborators.
- Get feedback on your music from a select group of people.
- Promote your music to potential listeners.
- Use private share links as part of a marketing campaign.
At Tonic Audio, we’re constantly working to add the features YOU request. Stay tuned for more exciting features that make it easier for you to collaborate with your team. We know that musicians and producers have unique needs, so we’re always listening to your feedback and looking for ways to improve our platform. Feel free to shoot us a message if you think of something you’d like to see—we’re all ears!
How to create a private share link in Tonic
- Make sure the song or take you want to share is set to private.
- Click the “Share” button in the top right corner.
- Click the “+ New Link” button to create a new private share link.
- A custom share link will be generated for you. You can copy it right there.
- Optionally, you can add a password to protect the link and/or set an expiration date.
- Save the new link settings.
- Visit the link in another browser where you are not logged into Tonic Audio. You should see the song load.
Here are some additional details:
- Private share links only work on songs or takes that are set to private.
- You can add a password to protect the link. This will require anyone who clicks on the link to enter the password before they can view the song or take.
- You can set an expiration date for the link. This will mean that the link will no longer work after the expiration date has passed.
- If you want to share a private link with someone, you can just copy the link and send it to them. They will be able to view the song or take without having to log into Tonic Audio.